Click below for downloading the report
Hudhud Cyclone relief report
Hudhud cyclone Relief operation undertaken by the Ramakrishna Mission Visakhapatnam – A report :
In the aftermath of the devastating Cyclone Hudhud that hit Visakhapatnam on 12th October 2014, The Mission centre undertook extensive relief works in the city and also in the villages of Vizag and adjoining districts.
- Food articles distribution: Food articles like Rice, Dal, Sugar, Oil, Wheat flour, and other commodities like chadders, garments etc. were distributed to 3500 families.
- Solar Lights & Blankets distribution: 8300 Nos solar lamps embedded with solar mobile charger, 5000 blankets, to 8300 families of 155 villages, also were distributed.
- Drinking water through tankers: Drinking water was supplied to various locations in Visakhapatnam city with three big tankers for three days.
- Non- formal Education centre: In one of the distant villages (Walabu in Deorapalli Mandalam) a non-formal education centre was built. Apart from medical services here, a tailoring training centre was opened and an Anganwadi (education for village children) is being conducted.
- Water Supply scheme in villages: In 10 hilly villages in agency area, villagers were not having any water source nearby, thus they had to carry water from long distances from natural sources. By providing HDP pipes (total 10000 Mts) all these the water supply were arranged at their villages with water tank etc from the natural springs.
The total amount spent for all the services is 140 lakhs.
A FEW PHOTOS :-
Water and food articles distribution :
Rural water supply :
Solar light and blanket distributioin: